If your graphic card did not installed the correct driver, it will use the micrsoft default Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. That will make Evaer could not record the Skype video data. The most common solution to this problem is updating the driver.
Installing Default Drivers
Before updating the driver by downloading it, we can try restoring the default driver for the hardware by uninstalling it first.
- Press Windows + R, type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Once in the device manager, expand the category of “Display adapters”. Right-click on the adapter and select “Uninstall”.
- The display adapter will disappear from the device manager. This means that the device was successfully uninstalled.
- Right-click on any empty space and select “Scan for hardware changes”. Your computer will now scan the all the hardware connected. After it comes across the display hardware, it will automatically install the default drivers.
- Open the “Display adapters” category again and check if the driver was successfully installed.
- Now you can check if the option is back in the settings. If it isn’t, restart your computer and check again. Do note that you might have to scan for hardware changes more than once if it doesn’t detect it on the first try.